Saturday, June 13, 2009

Best thing yet

For anyone who's talked to me in, say, the last 6 months or so, you know that my response when asked how Matthew is doing is "He's doing great, but he's not walking yet". It's always top of mind for me, and even with the reassurance of his pediatrician that everything is fine, I couldn't help but wonder if there was something keeping him from walking. Of course, you always hear that every child develops differently, but you just want for your child to breeze through all developmental milestones.

Well, I should have known that in his own time, Matthew would decide it was time to walk. It finally happened on Friday night. We got home shortly before Dennis, so we waited outside for him. We walked up and down the driveway, Matthew holding on with one hand. When Dennis got home, we all went inside, Dennis carrying Matthew. He put him down just inside the kitchen door, and Matthew went to take Dennis' hand, but it wasn't there. So, he just proceeded to walk across the kitchen into the living room. We just looked at each other in awe.

He was so excited that all he wanted to do was walk around. I shot a bunch of videos - here's one of my favorites.

5 comments:

Gini said...

I played it over again like 10 times. How awesome. I know how you were worried about this. And you never stop worrying until it happens for your kid....

Well the day is here and there is no looking back now. And what did I say a short blog post ago? The toilet paper incident will be the least of your worries. Now he is MO-BILE!!! Have fun with that!

Denise said...

YEAH!! I can't wait to see him in action!!

Unknown said...

Yeehaw! That boy walked all over 131 and we LOVED IT!!!
So cute!
Now send me your pics!

Danielle said...

WE love it! can't wait to see that boy!

Debbie said...

Woohoo!!