Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Take Me Back Tuesday

Taken: June 9, 1963
Place: Holy Trinity High, Hartford

As we were out and about this weekend, we saw lots of graduation parties going on. Made me think of this picture, so I thought I'd share it. This is my mother and my great aunt (her aunt), following my mother's high school graduation. I remember always thinking that my mother looked so very serious in this picture. Not quite how my graduation pictures looked. I guess 12 years of Catholic school gives you a little different perspective.

Didn't Tzizi's hat rock?

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Your mother looks gorgeous!

Gini said...

For some reason I had a hard time looking at this picture today. The past couple of days I have certainly had the time to feel a little more emotional about things, than I usually do. WOW. Didn't expect that. I miss them. I miss remembering how important they were in each others lives. And seeing them together in this photo, brings it all back. Serious? Yup, but just how they always were, huh?

Nanna said...

Kim,

Your mother is Beautiful. And your Aunt is very stylish. They almost look like they could be mother and daughter.