Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Take Me Back Tuesday

Date Taken: June 11, 1982

I recently reconnected with an old childhood friend, Larry. We grew up on the same road, and our mothers were good friends. We lost touch after high school, but he recently joined Facebook and found me. This is a picture taken before a 6th grade dance we went to, some 27 years ago now.

It's been so great getting in touch again. There's something so cool about having someone else remember all the same things you do, and also remind you of things you'd long since forgotten.

Larry - good to be back in touch. Looking forward to more trips down Memory Lane.

4 comments:

Gini said...

OMFrigginGod!!! Nice find, Kimmy.

I hear what you are saying about connecting with someone who knows about stuff only you thought happened.....Weird but pretty cool!

Larry, if you read this. Kimmy is right. Good to be back in touch.

I always liked this photo. You guys cleaned up nice, back then.

Nanna said...

Kimmy,

That is too cute. Sixth grade OMG.

His suit is most likly from Sear's, it looks just like Denny's Graduation suit from 8th grade. I bought it, hemmed it and two weeks later you could see his socks. He never stopped growing back then.

Debbie said...

I love finding old pictures...love your dress!

Denise said...

Hello, Beautiful Girl! I love seeing you as a little one! XO