Sunday, October 25, 2009

32 weeks....

I figured it was about time I shared an update on my pregnancy. I haven't written much at all about it anywhere, for a number of different reasons. But, we're getting down to the wire here, so I think it's time...

I went for an ultrasound on Friday (at 32 weeks) for the purpose of estimating the baby's size. Dennis wasn't able to come along as we had planned since Matthew was home sick. In any event, off I went. I was happy to hear that everything looks good - no extra parts have grown, so it's still a girl. She has actually turned head down (she was breech at my last Dr.'s appointment), and I could see the hair on her head - looks like we'll have another hairy baby on our hands! Her hands were by her face, just like Matthew's always were, and her feet were up there, too. Based on the measurements taken, she's measuring approximately 10 days ahead, and already weighs around 5 lbs 3 oz - above the 90th percentile! Man, we make big babies!

I had hoped to avoid a c-section this time, although as a compromise with my doctor, I have one scheduled for my due date. Now, based on what they're seeing in terms of size, they're thinking that should be moved up at least a week. I'm expecting to chat with the doctor tomorrow to discuss dates. If I go into labor on my own beforehand, they'll let me go and see how I progress. And, I have another ultrasound scheduled at 36 weeks to see how much she's grown by then.

I didn't get a ton of pictures, but thought I'd share those I did get....



This one is my favorite, although the picture and the scan don't nearly do the moment justice. She was looking right at us, and opening and closing her eyes and mouth. It was so sweet I couldn't help but cry a little bit. Can't wait to meet this little girl!


8 comments:

Nanna said...

Kimberly,

She is beautiful. She looks so innicent, like she is in awe. I can not wait to meet her.
LOVE NANNA

Unknown said...

I don't see it.
I can never see the baby in these pictures. Ridiculous, right? Since I have 2 babies?!
LOL
But - that doesn't mean I don't get totally and extremely excited for you!!!! I can't wait to hold that sweet little girl!!
LOVE YOU!

Denise said...

YAY! I can't wait to meet her! XO

Debbie said...

I am glad to hear that she is facing down - what a good girl! I can not wait to meet her! Love you millions!

Kim said...

Liz, when you're ...ahem... Advanced Maternal Age... like I am, you get to be a pro at picking things out in the ultrasound images!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chris said...

OK, its been like 32 weeks since you posted!

Chris said...

Did you have that kid yet?