Thursday, March 4, 2010

Team-Up Thursday

Week 6 Theme - Walk

Gini's photo on the left; mine on the right. This was a fun one this week. My original thought was to take a picture of a walk signal. You know, showing the little orange guy walking. But, I didn't fully think through what it would take to capture that. Didn't stop to think that if there's a walk signal somewhere, it's probably because there's a fair amount of traffic. I knew there was a signal near the Old Town Hall (the brick building in the background). So, I drove over and proceeded to head to the crosswalk. Then it dawned on me. In order to capture the signal on walk, I'd have to press the button and stop traffic. Which would be fine if I was planning to actually cross the street and not just stand there clicking away. Whoops! So, I grabbed this shot on the first try and quickly ran across to the other side, figuring I'd snap a quick shot or two of the orange guy on the way back. I walked down the sidewalk for a bit before turning around and going back to cross back over, so as to not look too crazy. I was psyched because two other people out for a walk came to cross at the same time. Jackpot! Unfortunately, the hood over the signal that shields it from the sun so it can be seen was bent in half, covering the stinking guy up. Oh well, not to be. Just as well, because I think this combo works great. Love how Gini's shows a peaceful path, while mine implies the busyness of the street.

1 comment:

HipMomma said...

I do too. The path is leading us right to the sign. Great job, team.