Sunday, May 9, 2010

What it means to me….

M aking the most of every single moment.  Having lost my mother at 17, I don’t want to waste a single second with my children.

O ffering a hug or a kiss or a song (even though I can’t carry a tune) to comfort my kids when they are sad or sick or scared.

T eaching my kids to be loving, compassionate and kind.  It’s my job, and definitely a work in progress.

H onoring the traditions and values I was raised with, and sharing them with the next generation.

E arning the love they give so unconditionally.  It’s important for me to live up to their expectations.

R elishing every laugh, every smile, every milestone, and burning them into my brain because the time passes all too quickly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That was nice to read. Well said and I couldn't agree more.
Love you.

Gini said...

Really nice post Kimmy. Nice way to mix the past with the present. You're a great mom by the way.

Your big sister