Thursday, May 6, 2010

Team-Up Thursday

Week 15 Theme - Friends

Friends Diptych

My photo on the left; my sister's on the right.

This one started out easy, then became tough, then became so easy again.  When I first read the theme for this week, I was excited.  I immediately thought I’d use a photo of Matthew loving on Gabby.  I take lots of these, although I must say, they never quite come out the way I think they will.  Someone’s always moving, or blinking, or squinting, or something.  And when you’re using a little point and shoot camera like I am, that translates to often times missing the shot.  Because of this, I decided to rethink my shot.  And then, the week got away from me.  Not sure where it went or what I was doing, but yesterday afternoon I realized I hadn’t taken my photo yet.  Time to resort to one I already had.  I knew immediately what to pick.

I absolutely LOVE the photo I used.  I took it on Saturday at Scarborough Beach in Narrangansett, Rhode Island.  We had taken a ride to Point Judith for lunch at Aunt Carrie's – the most fabulous crab cakes you’ll ever have.  Seriously.  After lunch, we decided to make a stop at the beach, and let me say I was thrilled at how much Matthew loved it.  He’s been to beaches the past two summers, but this year he really gets it.  He loved walking barefoot in the sand, and didn’t mind sticking his piggers in the fa-reezing cold water.  This bodes well for future beach trips, methinks.  Anyhow…I digress.  I fell in love with this picture the minute I took it, and couldn’t wait to see it full size.  I think it captures the most basic of friendships – that between a boy and his Daddy.  I just melt when I look at the way they’re looking at each other.  <3

As for Gini’s picture, a similar thought had occurred to me at one point during the week, but not in nearly the same dramatic fashion.  WOW.  I just love seeing Hannah’s dark profile juxtaposed (Ha!  There’s a $5 word for you!) against the white of the screen.  Just gorgeous.  And look at those fabulous lashes!  To use old Facebook lingo, I’m a fan of this photo.

2 comments:

Gini said...

I love your description of your visit and I love Dennis' and Matthew's relationship touches you so deeply.


Oh and by the way - Poppy used to say "there's a $5 word for you". Maybe you knew that already, but if you didn't - there you go....

Unknown said...

I love your boys, too. :)