Thursday, July 22, 2010

Team-Up Thursday

Silhouette Diptych

Week 26 Theme - Silhouette

Gini's on the left; mine on the right.

As soon as I saw the theme for this week, I knew I would be digging into the archives to use a picture I’d taken years ago.  Mine is a shot from York Beach, Maine, from a house we used to rent for a week in the summer with Dennis’ family.  I’d woken up early one morning, and saw the most amazing light outside.  I snuck out into the yard and captured this shot.  It’s one of my all-time favorites, and I think the one that really sparked my interest in photography.

As for my sister’s shot, I think it epitomizes everything that a silhouette should be.  When I think of the old hand-cut silhouettes, I’m always amazed at how clearly you can make out the subject.  In Gini’s picture, there’s no mistaking whose silhouette that is.  Well, for those of us who know her, I guess.  It’s my beautiful niece, Hannah – I’d know those eyelashes anywhere. 

No comments: