Thursday, July 1, 2010

Team-Up Thursday

Week 23 Theme - Water

Water Diptych

Gini’s on the top, mine on the bottom.

Funny that we both ended up using pool shots this week.  Funny in that Gini is always around a pool and I seldom am.  And funny that my sister thinks she was predictable this week, and yet I opened her email just like every week - wondering what she’d chosen to do with the theme.  Go ahead…say it…DUH!

I like this combination and the way it depicts both work and fun.  In the top you have my niece, Hannah, who swims competitively (and is damn good at it, to boot!), skillfully working her way through the water.  In the bottom, you have Matthew and Dennis, just in it for the sheer fun of it.  I love looking at the difference in their facial expressions – Hannah so driven and focused, and Matthew so playful and giddy with anticipation.  I especially love seeing how similar Matthew and Dennis’ expressions are – the apple didn’t fall too far from the tree!

No comments: