Sunday, November 9, 2008

Fall Cleanup

Well, today we tackled the leaves in our yard. We have massive trees everywhere, so our yard just gets clobbered with leaves. Fortunately, Dennis rented a giant leaf blower, which was such fun to play with. With all the rain we had yesterday, the leaves were pretty heavy, so even the limited raking we had to do was a little tougher than usual.

Matthew supervised much of the operation from his perch in his activity center. He yelled DaDaDa over and over again, and just laughed and laughed.

Once we got down to the last pile in the back, we decided to let Matthew experience playing in the leaves for the first time. He loved it - he bounced around and laid down in them - and he didn't even try to eat any! Check him out...

I couldn't resist picking him up and jumping in with him!

He really seemed to enjoy getting dirty!


Here's the pile out on the tree belt. Dennis will call a landscaper tomorrow to come pick them up. Keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't get too windy between now and then!

I myself am going to make some calls, too, to see if we can rent a couple of these...

or maybe a couple of these....


6 comments:

Allison said...

Matthew just gets more and more adorable! On my walk yesterday I saw a family using shovels to scrape the wet leaves off of their lawn. I was trying not to be too obviously laughing as I went by!!!!

Debbie said...

That looks like a lot of fun! What happened...no more leaf pick up? I thought that Longmeadow sent around the leaf machine.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the one of Matthew laying back in the leaves, looking at the sky!

Unknown said...

Great shots of that cute boy with that great hat in that dirty, tick-infested, wet and nasty but gorgeous LOOKING leaf pile! LMAO!
What a fun fall day for the cute family!

Anonymous said...

It seems like only yesterday that it was Denny in the pile of leaves.

Looks like it was a family affair.

And rumor has it that there was a beautiful beef stew waiting for everyone at the end of the day.

Who could ask for anything more.

Gini said...

1. I love the hat every time I see Matthew in it. Nice find. (I need to send along the missing sock) 2. I love your hair in the picture of you guys in the leaves. 3. Does Matthew ever NOT smile. He is so happy all of the time. How lucky for you.