Monday, November 24, 2008

I've been meaning to get back to this...

A while back, in my Six Random Things post, I mentioned that I had a humongous curl in the middle of my forehead. Here's a picture Dennis snapped that day....


What's the significance, you ask? Well, I'll tell ya....

My mother used to recite this poem to me as a kid, and it has always stuck in my head. I never knew until a couple of years back that it was by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. They say he composed it while holding his second daughter in his arms. It goes like this...

There was a little girl,
Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good,
She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad, she was horrid.

Quite appropriate, wouldn't you say??! Hah!

6 comments:

Gini said...

love that about you. makes you, you-nique. (that was bad, wasn't it?)

Anonymous said...

I love that curl. Like Gini said ,"it makes you, you.

Debbie said...

Love the curl!

Unknown said...

I love being friends with the girl with the red curly hair. I love it, always have.
And I know that poem, too, and never knew it was proper literature - thought it was a nursery rhyme. Go figure!

Anonymous said...

You couldn't be horrid if you were PMS'ing with no sleep for 10 days straight and you had on wedgie underwear...

Claire said...

Cute picture! Now that you have jogged my memory I remember hearing/reading that poem years ago. You could never be horrid!