Thursday, June 10, 2010

Team-Up Thursday

Mirror Diptych

Week 20 Theme – Mirror

Gini's on top, mine on the bottom.

What can I say?  I love my little boy’s face in this picture.  And I love how he’s really looking at me, rather than himself, in the mirror.  First week using my new camera, which just arrived Tuesday afternoon.  Can’t wait to see what I can do with this puppy.

And as for my sister’s shot.  Aside from absolutely loving the reflection of those beautiful angels, it reminds me of my great aunt.  She used to have this huge, beautiful mirror with angels all around it at the bottom of her staircase.  I remember her going to see a psychic one time.  She told us how the psychic held on to her watch and was able to tell so much about her – crazy, little things that you’d have no other way of knowing.  Like the fact that she had this giant mirror with angels at the bottom of her staircase.  The psychic told her that if she sat down on the stairs, closing her eyes, and then opened them and looked in the mirror, she’d see her own angels behind her.  She was always too nervous to actually do it, a bit afraid of what she might actually see.  I think about that story often, most especially when I need to feel that my own angels are behind me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your Team-Up Thursday because it is opening you up on your Blog again. You may not have time to blog regularly anymore but I know that at least once a week I am getting a little insight to my friend.
Love it.
Great story.