Thursday, June 17, 2010

Team-Up Thursday

Week 21 Theme - Chaos

Chaos Diptych

OK, how funny is this??  Gini's on top, mine on the bottom.  That’s all boy right there!  I love that we both had similar ideas once again, and I love that Gini took a close-up shot.  LOVE the wreckage in the background, and that Thomas is just chugging on through with that perma-grin on his face.

I knew for our theme this week I’d end up taking a picture of some spot in my house.  Right now, pretty much every room seems to be in chaos, looking like a bomb went off.  Which, incidentally, is making my head feel like it’s in chaos – but I wasn’t quite sure how to take a picture of the inside of my head.  I’ll have to ponder that one…. 

Anyway…I decided earlier this week that I’d take tomorrow off.  For the first time, I’ll be sending my kids to daycare while I stay home.  My goal is to bring some order back to our living space.  I know there are much worse messes, but for someone with just a tiny bit of OCD (perhaps), it’s making me crazy.  I mean, come on.  Do you see two balls that aren’t in with the other balls?  And yes, I see the third one that’s not in there.  But that bowling ball belongs with the bowling pins in the green tub on the top rack.  Each in its place.  :)

I’m feeling pretty crappy about being home and not having my kids with me, but I know on the flip side if I’m able to get things more organized, I’ll feel much less stressed.  Less stressed Mommy is a good thing, right?  I know it’s worth it, and I know tackling the chaos in the house will tackle the chaos in my head as well.

2 comments:

Gini said...

a little OCD??? ha ha ha ha ha ha

Your house is a sty btw....just kidding. You're house is immaculate compared to my shithole these days.

Oh and the diptych....I love this!!! I love doing this with you every week!

Unknown said...

yes, yes, yes - take care of mommy who takes care of everyone else.
Hope your day was satisfying. XOXO