Friday, April 25, 2008

2 and 2.....or maybe more like 2.2

For those of you around my age, when I say 2 and 2 you may think of this guy....


Didn't you just love Chuck Woolery on Love Connection? Especially how he'd cut to a commercial saying he'd be back in 2 and 2? You know, with that sly little wink and his oh-so-clever hand gesture? No? OK, maybe that was just me....

Anyway....

2 and 2, or rather 2.2, has a whole new meaning lately. Namely, it's the number of seconds it takes for Matthew to go from this....


or this....

or even this...


to this...


Now, when I say meltdown, I mean meltdown, complete with blood-curdling screams, stiffened back and flailing arms. It happens when he decides he's hungry, and it literally takes 2.2 seconds for him to go from his usual happy self to one unhappy little boy. The instant he begins eating, he calms down as if nothing ever happened. We're chalking this up to a growth spurt, or the fact that he was battling a cold earlier this week (awwww......poor boy!) and just wasn't feeling well. Whatever the reason, it is quite a sight to see him get so cranked up so quickly. I can't imagine where he got that temper from....

5 comments:

Gini said...

hmmmmmmmmmmm......let me think....

Anonymous said...

Realy,

It can't be Matthew Fracis Egan you are talking about. Surely you must have misunderstood. Poppy and I haven't seen any of those signs.

No your right but Poppy honestly told Denise he didn't see any thing like that last night. And then he said to me not my Grandson.

Allison said...

He is just expressing himself! Go Matty! Give 'em hell!! LOL

Life of a Banana said...

cutie!

Anonymous said...

i love the outfit matthew has in the last picture