Saturday, April 12, 2008

What a day....oh, what a day-ay-ay....

In the words of our favorite band, The Saw Doctors, What a Day! Despite a gloomy forecast, today turned out to be a beautiful spring day. Instead of 62 and rainy, we got 74 and sunny with some spots of threatening clouds and a 5 minute sprinkle. We decided it was a great day for a drive, so we set out to see if one of our favorite spots - 911 Burgers & Dogs - was open for the season. How psyched were we to pull up and see cars in the parking lot? It's a tiny little place, in the middle of just about nothing - just perfect. One table inside, four picnic tables outside. You order inside, then head outside to wait for your number to be called out the pass-through window.


As the name suggests, they sell burgers and dogs (among other things). Check out these beauties...
Best of all, though, are the "grill fries" - slices of potato seasoned with salt and pepper and cooked on the grill top. Simple, but to die for....
Matthew enjoyed having some time out in the fresh air and sun, although it did make him a bit tired after a while...he tried to fight it, but to no avail.

After lunch, we headed to Nanna & Poppy's house. We hung out with Nanna for a couple of hours, and then decided to head to the fire station to surprise Poppy. Matthew got to play on Engine 2....
on the outside.....


and on in the inside....

Love this shot - three generations of Egans....

From his vantage point, Matthew had a great view of the traffic going by. He loved it!

Thanks, Poppy, for letting us play on the truck! Can't wait to come visit you at Station 3!

3 comments:

Gini said...

I knew it Kimmy. Blogging is fun isn't it?? I see you are taking your camera everywhere now!!! I love reading this and seeing what a great day you guys had. The video is PRICELESS!!!!

Kim said...

I've always had a camera handy, even in my pre-blog days. Sadly, this isn't even the first time I've taken pictures of my food. What's up with that??!!

Anonymous said...

I have shown just about everyone at work the picture of "the 3 generations of Egans"...I am a proud Aunt. And it is now my wall paper on my work computer. Debbie