Thursday, April 3, 2008

Spring has sprung....for now, anyway....

What a beautiful day. It's finally looking and feeling like spring. I've been waiting for the weather to warm up so Matthew and I could get out and put some miles on the stroller. That is, other than the miles we've put on it at the mall. =) I wanted to get him out to enjoy the fresh air and give him some new things to look at. Plus, we need the practice for the Walk for Babies in a few weeks.
So, for the last couple of weeks, we've been taking walks whenever it's warm enough outside. It's funny - we've always heard people rave about the network of sidewalks in this town, and now that I'm actually out and about and using them, I see what they mean. You can take some pretty long walks and not leave the sidewalk. We typically walk for 40 mins to an hour each time, varying the route to check out all the different neighborhoods. There's a house one street over that looks so pretty - tons of crocuses popping up all over their front yard. I decided to bring my camera today to capture a couple of shots...before they're covered up with snow tomorrow. Yup, that's right - they're forecasting snow - although just a coating, then changing to rain. Gotta love New England....
Here are a couple cute shots of Matthew, too....one as we just set out (taken with my cell phone so not great quality), and another of him asleep in the sun.
On the way back today, we stopped off at the library. Matthew was fascinated (and so was I) with these gigantic kids' books. They're easily 2 feet by 3 feet, so the pictures were practically lifesize for him. I can't wait to bring him back there and sit with him on the floor going through them all - there were probably 30 of them. He particularly loved this one....everyone was huge!
On a side note, Matthew's officially begun teething - yikes! He's drooling lots, and shoves anything he can in his mouth, especially his whole hand. I shot some video of it yesterday, so I'll upload a clip soon. Also, he rolled from back to front yesterday - Daddy saw it, but I missed it. Can't wait to catch him in action.

4 comments:

Allison said...

I just loved taking James for walks as a newborn. I am sure that you guys are itching for some sunshine and warmer weather. I would love to be able to walk to our local library! That is what is so great about living in a town like Longmeadow.

Anonymous said...

I am jealous! Although I did go for a walk with Dad and Spanky last night. Give him a hug and a kiss for me.

Gini said...

No walking here, when you have to climb all the way back up the mountain to get home.....No, seriously, Bill actually walked home from the gym the other night - uphill - after a workout - said he wasn't doing THAT again! Glad your weather is nicer! (Been like that here for a while - cough, cough.....)

Allison said...

Hello, I need some posts, please!