Sunday, June 22, 2008

I must find these....

Not much happening around here this past week. Matthew has had a cold, with a stuffy nose and a sad little cough. On Thursday evening, he developed a low grade fever, which we were able to keep under control with Tylenol. I stayed home with him on Friday since he can't go to school until he's been fever-free for 24 hours. He really wasn't himself - not terribly interested in eating, although once he'd eat, he'd liven up a bit. He had a tough time sleeping, so we ended up bringing him into bed with us halfway through the night for a couple of nights. Yesterday morning, we woke up around 6:30 and he was really warm - 102.4 degrees taken temporally, 101.6 taken ... ahem ... elsewhere. Oh yeah, he loves that. We called the doctor, and they asked us to bring him in. Fortunately, no ear infection or anything like that - just some sort of viral fever to keep on an eye on. The fever dropped off last night, and he slept much better. Today, he was back to his usual self, so we ventured out.

After doing some shopping, we hit La Friendly's for lunch. My burger came with a free Happy Ending sundae. God forbid I just say "No thank you". Nope - I ordered one. Since Dennis wasn't getting any ice cream, the waitress brought us two spoons. Now, those of you who know me know that I just can't eat ice cream with a teaspoon. I need a sundae spoon, or an iced tea spoon - something long. I asked the waitress if she could bring me one, and she obliged. She explained they didn't have any medium spoons available, so this is what she brought...



Have you ever seen such a long spoon? It was at least 10 inches long! Where has this been all my life? I reeeeeeeally wanted to slip the one she brought for Dennis into my purse. Who would have noticed? But, alas, my husband wouldn't let me. I told him I was going to ask the waitress if I could buy one, but that wasn't gonna fly either. Damn it! He told me I could surely find one online. Well, I've tried...but so far, no luck. Can you believe I can't find something online? I can find anything online. If you happen to see one of these in your travels, could you grab it for me? Cost is no object. I'll even help you out if you decide to pocket one. I know a really good lawyer.....

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Poor little guy...I am glad to hear that he is feeling better.

As far as the spoon goes, I have never seen a spoon so long! I'll keep my eyes open for you but that is A LOT.

Have a great week!

Denise said...

How many inches? I just found one online that was 8 inches?? That is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG spoon. xo

Anonymous said...

Are we taaalking about a spoon?

I am so glad Matthew is feeling better. Because when the little one is sick the whole family is sick with worry.
Love NANNA
XOXOXOXOXO

Unknown said...

That is the funniest post you have ever written. The spoon, the husband not letting you steal it, the inability to say "no thanks". I laughed out loud.
Love it.

Life of a Banana said...

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allison said...

I am sure I know a little antique shop in Maine that has BUCKETS of sundae spoons!!!