Saturday, June 7, 2008

Will you accept this rose?

As my husband knows all too well, I am a reality TV junkie. I know I'm probably dumber for every minute I spend watching such inane drivel, but I can't help myself. At least I balance it out by watching hours and hours of political shows - This Week, Meet the Press, Chris Mathews Show, Hardball, etc., etc., so my brain doesn't completely atrophy.

One of my favorites is The Bachelor (and the corresponding The Bachelorette). I don't know what it is, but I just LOVE watching this show. I love watching 25 women (or men) vie for the attention of the star of the show. I love watching as they go from being friends and trying to get along with each other to stabbing each other in the back at every opportunity. I love picking out who I think will be the winner in the very first episode (my talent for this is uncanny, BTW!), and then watching all the others get eliminated week after week. I know - it's sick...

Early on, Dennis shared my fascination with this show, but now with The Bachelor in its 11th season and The Bachelorette in its 4th, he's understandably grown tired of it. I now DVR the episodes as they air and watch them when he's not home.

Well, Hon, be happy that you're away this weekend. VH1 has been running a marathon of these shows, and I've been glued to them! I'm watching Byron about to propose to Mary right now. Remember Mary? She was one of our favorites! According to this, they're getting married some time this year.

Well, the marathon is over for today. And now, Pulp Fiction is on. Talk about shifting gears. It's going to be a late night.....I'm suddenly craving a Royale with Cheese.




Miss you, Babe.

6 comments:

Claire said...

I have to agree with you on the reality TV junkie thing, but my favs are the shows where talent needs to shine. I love Project Runway, Top Chef, Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader tryouts, Coyote Ugly, Design Star and I'm sure there are more. ;o) Paul dislikes every one of them and tries to talk me out of watching. Thank goodness for the marathons that frequently run when he's working or busy.
Political shows drive me out of my mind, although Fox network is frequently on in this house.

Allison said...

I'm a Top Chef, Project Runway, Next Food Network Star fan, myself. You know I don't like bitchy girl drama, and so I never was able to get into the Bachelor--but boy I bet there have been some entertaining cat fights on it!

Denise said...

I was into the first season of Dancing with the Stars. Michael refused to be in the same room with me while I was watching. It might have had something to do with me asking him to practice the dances with me...but maybe not. xo

Gini said...

I am all over any nature show that is in high def right now....

Chris said...

Top Chef and Next Food TV Star rock...only good thing about the bachelor is you get to see women mostly naked in the pool...

Allison said...

CHRIS!!!!