Sunday, August 10, 2008

12, 40 and 8.8.08 - our weekend by the numbers

Lots going on this weekend. On Friday, we went to our 12th Saw Doctors concert. It was supposed to be Matthew's first show (not counting the four he attended before he was born!), but with the threat of thunderstorms in the area, we just couldn't chance taking him to the show, which was held at the outdoor Pines Theater at Look Park in Northampton. The skies brightened a bit around 6:00, so we decided to go. Nanna and Poppy were more than happy to stay home and watch Matthew. Danielle came along with us, and we made it to the show just a couple of minutes before the Docs came on stage. Despite our late arrival, we ended up with only 2 rows of people in front of us (not quite the same as being pressed right up to the stage, but excellent nonetheless.) As always, they put on a great show, mixing it up a bit with some oldies but goodies. They played our wedding song, Never Mind the Strangers, so any time that's on the set list, I'm a happy camper. It rained lightly for maybe 20 minutes, but the weather held out for the most part. Here are a few shots from the evening...

Davy

Anto

Leo (with Eimhin on drums in the background)

Then, on Saturday, we went to a 40th birthday party for my friend, Mary Lou. They had a private room at Vivo Seasonal Trattoria at the Marriott in Hartford, and we had a wonderful time. The food was delicious, the jazz band was awesome, and the company was fantastic. Here are a few shots of the evening...


Mary Lou and Rob - looking fabulous!!

Awesome jazz band - ML, what was their name again?



Happy Birthday, Mary Lou! Thanks for having us!

Then today, we went to the hospital to visit our friends Adam and Chrissie, who just had a baby boy, Timothy Joseph, on Friday. Yes, that means his birthday is 8-8-08 - cool, right? He's beautiful, and we were so happy to get to meet him. Here's a picture...


Just kidding! I promised his Mom and Dad that I won't post any pictures of him on my blog until they've had a chance to post their own online.

Congratulations guys! We're so very happy for you!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

6 comments:

Allison said...

Ooh ooh! I've only been to three Docs concerts! You guys have me SO BEAT!!!

Denise said...

I'm sorry that we couldn't make the concert (but I wasnt sorry that I didn't have to hear "T'aks a Million" a thousand times from a drink Michael Stack). Happy Birthday Mary Lou - you are wonderful - and congrats to the Meehan family - we are so excited for you guys! XO

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, it's Monica. I stumbled across your blog while I was looking at pics of Adams baby. Matthew is beautiful! I didn't really know how to contact you, so as late as i am i wanted to say Congratulations to you and Dennis. Having Madelyn is the best thing that ever happened to me and Scott, and I'm sure you feel the same way. If you are at the Windsor office, drop me an e-mail. Maybe we can meet for lunch one of these days.

Danielle said...

I had a awsome time with you guys. I can't believe how close we got. next time you will get a set list
love you danielle

Gini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gini said...

You are almost stalking the Saw Doctors now....hmmm??? Happy wishes to MaryLou and The Meehans!!!