Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Back in the land of the living

Man, it's been a while....

Life has been busy, work has been stressful, and I just haven't found the gumption to actually put a post together. I've concocted a bunch of pieces of posts in my head, but that's where it has stopped. So, here's an amalgamation of some of the things happening around here lately.

For any of you who read my sister's blog, you know that my brother and his family just moved back to CT. Dennis flew out to Vegas the Friday of Labor Day weekend, and he and my brother set out Saturday morning for the drive back across the country. At first I was jealous of all they'd get to see along the way. But the more I thought about it, I realized I'd be miserable driving for 16 hours like they did one day. I'd still like to do that someday - just not in less than 3 days. They landed at our house around 5 p.m. on Labor Day, tired and ready to be out of the car. Matthew was so happy to see his Daddy and Uncle Chris.





Notice how he gives kisses - grabs you on both sides of your head (usually by the hair) and plants one on you! Love that!

My brother stayed with us for that week (along with their dogs and cat) since his belongings weren't arriving until the weekend. Matthew enjoyed playing with one of the dogs, Rocco.



He also enjoyed playing with one of the presents Daddy brought him from the trip - a stuffed Ernie doll that he bought at the Iowa 80 truckstop. Here he is giving him a big smooch.



All the excitement of the week made Matthew extra tired. So much so that he fell asleep standing up in his activity center. How sad (but cute) is this picture??!



Then, this past weekend was move-in weekend, but not before a quick trip to The Big E to get our pictures taken for our 17-day value passes. I love going there before it's open - you get to drive around all the roads and see everything being set up. We saw the milking cow from the Farm-A-Rama being delivered!



We spent the rest of Saturday helping Chris move in. Well, I should say Dennis helped, along with my cousin and a friend of my brother's. Matthew and I just hung out, although we did make ourselves useful going to Big Y to get lunch stuff for everyone (with the help of my cousin's daughter, Jenna).

On Sunday, my brother and I ran around on a wild goose chase in search of the perfect mums. Dennis and Matthew hung back at home to watch the first Pats game of the season. It was a glorious fall day - couldn't have asked for better.



On Monday night, Allison, James and Ella flew in. Tuesday evening, they came over for a visit, and we got to meet Ella. She's so cute, and such a peanut! Matthew enjoyed playing with James and showing him all his toys.





So, that's the news. While I haven't been posting, I have been reading a lot of new blogs. Check out the additions to my blogroll. One that I must highlight is this one, especially this post. I must make this ASAP.

That's all for now. Be back soon.

6 comments:

Gini said...

great post and great pictures!!!

Denise said...

Thanks for the update! You guys have had A LOT going on. That little Matthew looks like he is having a blast!

Debbie said...

Wow...You guys have been really busy! I love the pictures of Matthew.

Allison said...

The pics are so great! I loved watching the boys together--James misses Garrin an awful lot so it was nice to see him enjoying the company of his east coast cousin!

Debbie said...

I keep looking at these pictures of Matthew and I LOVE the picture of him and Ernie. I wish that I could give that boy a hug right now!

Anonymous said...

TALK ABOUT A BLOG WORTH WAITING FOR!

Oh my god I am crying looking at the picture of Matthew and Daddy reuniting.

Ella is bewutiful and so is James.

Your real lucky!!!!!!!