Thursday, September 18, 2008

My favorite time of year!

It's sweatshirt weather!

Doesn't take much, does it? But, come on, how nice is it to wake up with a chill in the air and throw on a nice cozy sweatshirt? It's a good thing I work from home on Thursdays - might look a bit ridiculous if I went in to the office dressed this way.

I have a thing for sweatshirts. I know - I have a thing for coats, too. And flip-flops, right, Denise? Never you mind. =)

My poor husband can attest to being dragged back to a store on more than one occasion to buy a sweatshirt I initially passed over. There have been times when this meant going back to a town we were no longer visiting. He's a good, patient man. Love you, babe.

OK, back to my sweatshirts. I could probably wear a different one every day for a month. At least. I've got zip-ups and pullovers, hoodies and crew necks, really any kind of sweatshirt you can think of. I've got sweatshirts older than I care to admit. When I go somewhere, that's what I do. I buy a sweatshirt. Whichever one I've bought most recently tends to become my new favorite, and all the rest get relegated to the back of my closet (or a bin in the attic). With the exception of one gi-normous pink one I bought in San Francisco probably 10 years ago. That one's never far from reach, and it's the one I've pulled out for today.

We're looking at a high of 67 for today, and there's a frost warning for tonight. Better cover up my mums. 4 days 'til the official first day of fall, and I'm loving this early preview. Looks like it'll be a good weekend to pick some apples (and go to The Big E, of course!)

Oh, and yes, I do have a light blue zip-up hoodie like the one in the picture. =)

7 comments:

Gini said...

Of course you have a blue one, you psycho....I was always very fond of your love of coats although my fat ass could never fit in them! You always found the most unique, awesome ones. Don't pack up those shorts, short sleeves and flip flops too soon. You will certainly need them here. By then, maybe (I said, maybe) a sweatshirt at night.

Anonymous said...

I love Fall as well. Its the best part of the year.

Allison said...

OK, how funny that I was trying to remember what was on the pink one while reading this post? You let me borrow it once and I can attest to it's snuggle factor. (Dang--I actually returned it???!!!) And yes, I am wearing a sweatshirt right now AND flip flops.

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure Dennis also bought a big pink one when he was in San Francisco a few years ago...

Denise said...

I believe the Sweatshirt Anonymous meeting closest to you is in the East Longmeadow Library - Sunday nights at 5. :)

Anonymous said...

Nothing better than Fall.

Unknown said...

Who's "anonymous"?? That's weird.
Anyway - I love this weather so much... I am 100% with you. Coats, bags, flip-flops and sweatshirts (ok, for me, it's cardies). LOVE IT!