Saturday, September 13, 2008

Trip #1

Today we made our first trip to this year's Big E, and Matthew's first trip ever. I know, I know...opening day was yesterday. Believe me, I wanted to be there. Hard to imagine, but I've never been on opening day. Once again, it just wasn't in the cards. It was absolutely pouring last night, and even I'm not that nuts.

We tend to shy away on the weekends, just because it tends to be crazy busy. Today was unusual in that it was almost more quiet than the weeknights we usually go. It worked out perfectly - the weather was great for being outside, and we weren't forced to shuffle through like cattle like is typically the case on the weekend.

We had a great time, and Matthew really seemed to enjoy himself. He loved staring at the cows. I'd share some pictures of that, but my camera battery died when we got to the Mallary Complex. Figures - they had my favorite - Oreo cows (a.k.a. Belted Galloways). Don't worry - the battery's charging, and we'll definitely be going back there on our next trip.

Here are some shots I got before the battery croaked...

Inside the Main Gate

The Hallamore Clydesdales all hitched up

Don't you love how he puts his foot on top of the stroller?

The Budweiser Dalmatian

Just having fun!

Tootsie's fried dough. Didn't have any today, but we will, and we only buy it from the one that looks like this.

Millie's pierogi and golumpki, baby!

Matthew's soccer ball (or should I say football) from Ireland

The Eddy Law Office

Check out the tracks on this thing!

All tuckered out!

By the way, I must give special kudos to The Big E. I was looking around for an out of the way place to feed Matthew, and we decided to head toward the First Aid area. What a pleasant surprise when we saw a sign outside the New England Center for a Nursing Mothers Lounge. La Leche League has a curtained off area set up for nursing moms, complete with gliders, recliners, and a changing table with wipes and diapers of all sizes. Very nice!

4 comments:

Jerolyn said...

K' I don't even know what pierogi or golumpki is...but it looks darn tasty. and yes I do love the foot on the stroller tray...how very cute!

Debbie said...

I can not wait to go to the Big E! I am dying to have fried cheese curd! Kim , I have become an addict...I didn't know what I was missing all of these years.

Gini said...

Don't forget to bring the soccer ball this way - you know that's all he will be doing with my boys. Makes me look forward to taking you guys to Connor's soccer game even more.

Allison said...

Awesome! We hit the four town fair yesterday and are looking forward to the Big E. I could have definitely used the little private area for feeding Ella! That is SO THOUGHTFUL!