Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Very Merry Christmas

Greetings everyone...it's been a while.

Like many of you, we here at Streaming Egans have been wrapped up (hah, get it? wrapped up?!) in all things Christmas for the last month or so. Between sending out cards, searching online and in stores for the perfect gifts, baking cookies, and wrapping presents, December's been a bit of a blur. Fortunately, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day slowed down to a perfect pace. I feel like I got to really enjoy the holiday this year, due in no small part to the fact that it was Matthew's first Christmas. While I did experience the last minute "Oh my God, I don't have enough gifts for him" that parents sometimes feel, I think everything worked out pretty close to perfect. It sounds cliched, but there's nothing quite like seeing Christmas through your child's eyes, and I can only imagine it just gets better every year. I'm looking forward to many, many more.

I hope you all had a blessed and Merry Christmas, or whichever holiday you celebrate at this time of year. Hard to imagine it's almost 2009.

I'll leave you with a few (OK, a lot) of photos from our Christmas celebrations. If I get around to it, I'll post a slideshow later of the pictures my brother took during our Bright Nights tour - they came out too great to not share.

Christmas Eve at Nanna and Poppy's




Christmas Day at our house















Christmas night....checking out the luminarias in West Side. This neighborhood of three streets all set out luminarias, typically on Christmas Eve, although it was postponed to Christmas night this year because of the rain. They represent a hope among Christian believers that the lights will guide the spirit of the Christ child to one's home. Pretty cool, right?


OK, and I'd like to meet the genius that invented these....practically every toy Matthew got was secured by these contraptions. Yeah, they're kinda like those childproof caps on medicine bottles. Completely impossible for adults to open.


OK, and last but not least, for those of you who voted in my last post that the snowperson in question was a woman, I submit the following....


Notice how in this family of snowpeople the woman is wearing a kerchief style head covering and the man is wearing a tophat? I rest my case. You must admit that the stocking holder is a man. Unless, of course, you're like my husband and insist that this must be a lesbian snow family....

8 comments:

Gini said...

How great, Kimmy. Even though we shared separate holidays that were both wonderful in their own way - I missed being with you all. The house looks beautiful, The Egans look happy and the meat - just perfect. And yes - it only gets better year after year, seeing everything through the eyes of your children. Makes all the stress of not knowing if you bought enough gifts (I make lists to compare on Christmas Eve morning!!) worth it! Love you guys.

Denise said...

Great recap!! We had a blast and Christmas is much more fun with little ones around!! XO

Unknown said...

Love the recap - love the pics. Can't believe how quickly Matthew is growing into a little MAN-Boy!! Time flies! See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Looks like you had a blast. May i ask what the Rib Roast was seasoned with? It looked delicious! I made a Rib Roast as well for Christmas Dinner...mm, mm, good...

Kim said...

It was a paste of olive oil, horseradish, garlic, thyme and rosemary. It smelled AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, nice looking piece of beef!! I like the MEAT KNIFE, do you have the matching BREAD KNIFE?? Nice to see you guys all together as a family... food on the table and smiles on your faces. Happy New Years to you all...

Kim said...

Oh, but I do, Bill! It's an electric knife - craziest gift I ever got in my life, but it works so friggin' good I refuse to use anything else when I'm in charge of carving.

I'm gonna buy you one for Christmas next year!

Chris said...

We had a blast with the Egan family. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.