Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Really? Why?

I've been waging this silent battle at work for the past 2 months. I say "silent" because I'm not entirely sure the parties on the other side know it's going on.

It all started when we moved into our new building. Just like in our old building, we each have two separate trash bins, one for paper to be recycled and one for trash to be, well, trashed. Now my personal preference for aligning said bins is recycling to the left, trash to the right. Always. When I'm sitting at my desk, I know exactly where they should be, and I can just toss stuff without needing to look. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday evening when I leave my office, my bins look like this.....


And invariably, the following Monday, Wednesday or Friday morning when I return to my office, my bins look like this....

What's up with that, yo? I'm beginning to think the cleaning crew is messing with me. I think they're purposely switching them on me to see if I'll switch them back. Either that or their level of OCD matches mine, and they feel compelled to put them the opposite way.

I think I'm gonna have to set up a nanny cam to catch the bandits in the act....

7 comments:

Denise said...

Those LBs! XO

Nanna said...

Kimmer's that is Toooo Much.

Isn't it funny how some things just drive you nuts.

Maybe if you meet the person you won't care anymore.

The man who takes care of my baskets is such peach I don't care what order they are in. I just move them in the morning.

Someone we both know constantly puts the toitet paper going the wrong way and I think we my have a little battle on our hand also:)

Gini said...

That is fricken hysterical. I, like you, would feel all twisted inside as soon as I saw those in the wrong positions. I tell you, the older I get, the more I am enjoying (and laughing at myself) over my OCD tendencies. Nice to see we all inherited the same shit.

Unknown said...

Your OCD makes me smile.

Claire said...

I'm giggling, because I feel exactly the same way about my garbage cans. I can add that you would really like the lady who empties the trash. She's bubbly and "fun".

Since I'm sometimes there when she empties them, I get to put my bins back in the correct order.

I hope you are feeling better. I'm still coughing, but feeling more human.

We have a confession to make.... Christine and I, with Jeff's approval, lifted a picture from your blog, for the "guess which manager this is" part of the newsletter. Please forgive us? I'll buy you a coffee Monday to make up for the "theft".

Kim said...

Oh, Claire, if it's my prom picture, you're gonna owe me a lot more than a coffee!!!

Debbie said...

I am laughing out loud at this one.

I TOTALLY understand where you are coming from. Every Monday and Thursday morning my lights in my office (I have two stand up lamps) are pointing in different directions. Listen cleaning lady...I have them going in a certain direction for a reason and I would appreciate it if you left them alone. I guess I have a little OCD too :)