Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Take Me Back Tuesday


Date: October 7, 2006
Place: Providence, RI

Dennis and I had gone into Providence for a Saw Doctors show at Lupo's. We took a trolley into downtown, had a great dinner at RiRa, and then headed over to catch WaterFire. If you've never been, you really should check it out. There are 100 bonfires lit along the three rivers in downtown Providence, which are tended by these folks in gondolas, all dressed in black. It's set to beautiful music, and it's really quite breathtaking. We had the added bonus of seeing one of the gondolas crash into one of the bonfires as it was being lit. Oops!

The sponsor for WaterFire that evening was the Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation, so the Capitol building was all lit up in pink. During the display, hundreds of people, many breast cancer survivors, marched silently through the crowds carrying torches. Just beautiful.

We later saw a great Saw Docs show - one of my favorites to date, actually. Great, great weekend.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Great picture and sounds like a great time. I think that I would love to see WaterFire.

BTW...I love Dennis' smile in that picture.

Allison said...

Love RiRa, love SawDocs, and I second Debbie--bet I would love to see WaterFire as well!

Chris said...

note to self...should have done more things like that before kids made it impossible!!! looks like a great night!

Gini said...

That is a great great picture of the two of you guys. And it sounds like a really great evening. Who took the picture?

Chris - B.A.B.Y.S.I.T.T.E.R. Do It!

Unknown said...

Yeah, Chris, I agree with Gini.
I thought the same thing - and then Wyatt got a bit bigger and we realized that we (Jay & I) actually have a lot more interest in doing stuff and enjoying life.
Kids give you great reflection on things - and tie you down. So, yeah - what Gini said BABYSITTER.

Loved this post, Kimmy. Great picture, awesome story.

Denise said...

Kimberly, you are gorgeous in every single picture you take! Denny is not to shabby, either! :)

I have never been to Waterfire but it is on my list every year!!