Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Take Me Back Tuesday


Taken: Summer 1986 or 1987
Place: Saint Joseph Church Rectory

Here's a picture of a little squirrel I befriended while working at Saint Joseph Church - hard to believe that was more than 20 years ago now. The cooks and I named him Ezra, and he would come up on the back porch of the Rectory every afternoon for a snack. I used to feed him peanuts, which he would typically take right out of the pockets of my pants. He'd then sit on my leg and polish off his snack. This went on for months, until one day Ezra just stopped showing up. I like to think he must have found a better offer somewhere else.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

What a great picture! I can't believe that he actually sat on your leg while he ate - that is awesome!

Gini said...

Kimmy - Let's face it. He got hit by a car. That was a very busy street after all.

Why the name Ezra? I don't remember that, go figure.

OHHH, the days at the rectory. Oh wait. I didn't go there very often. Sinners stayed away, apparently.

Great photo of you!!!

Denise said...

You are so pretty! I love this picture.

Lets decide that it was a female squirrel who gave birth and decided to be a stay at home mom and the husband squirrel went to the convent for peanuts after that!

Chris said...

Funny I was going to say he got run over and Gini beat me to it. I wish the squirrels would just stop showing up at my bird feeders one day!

Gini said...

High Five on that one Chris!

Unknown said...

You kids and your High Fives. lol

Kimmie - great picture!!!! I bet you had no idea, then, how much you would love that picture, now.
Great Shot!
I really thought it was Gini at first!

Nanna said...

OMG how awesome is that. 25 years ago that was me working at the St. Thomas Convent. No real squirrels though. Just a few squirrels that lived in the convent:)