Sunday, January 25, 2009

Not on the program...

Dennis and I have been making a concerted effort to eat healthier in the new year. We've been doing pretty well - OK, except for Matthew's birthday. And...notwithstanding what I made this morning.

You see, I had lots of bananas leftover from last weekend's banana splits, and there's just nothing I'd rather do with leftover bananas than make Barefoot Contessa's Banana Crunch Muffins. These things are to die for. Check 'em out...



With 2 sticks of butter and a cup+ of coconut, these are SOOO not on the program. I'm pretty sure that having eaten two of these already I've used my calorie allowance for the entire day. Oh well. It was worth it!

7 comments:

Allison said...

I'll be right over--get the coffee brewing!

Gini said...

Why Kimmy? Why did you have to WRECK THEM by putting nasty, rotten, stinking coconut on them?

Anonymous said...

Ho my god they are the best muffins in New England. If I recall correctly those were first baked in my test kitchen RIGHT?

Debbie said...

I have to agree with Gini - I will take mine without the coconut please. I love banana muffins cut in half with a little bit of butter...I can taste it now.

Unknown said...

Awesome. And as I sit here in my glass house of dieting, I will not throw stones, my friend. :)

Anonymous said...

Recipe?

Denise said...

Kimberly, those look amazing. Please post the recipe!! Also, you are supposed to cheat on the healthy eating - it knocks your body out of starvation mode. I'm not necessarily dieting but I am eating healthier and have lost weight, even with cheating like that. XO