Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Take Me Back Tuesday

Taken: Summer '03
Location: East Beach, Charlestown, RI

This was our very first trip to the beach together. You never know how that's gonna go, right? People have very different ideas of what a day at the beach looks like. Me, I like to get there real early, when it's still a bit misty and chilly, and read for a while, wrapped in a warm sweatshirt or under a blanket if necessary. I then like to bake myself once it warms up - no frisbee, no football, no radio - just baking and reading. Oh, and sangwiches - gotta have sangwiches. And fruit and water, of course. I like to wrap up by 1 or 2:00 and head home to take a nice snooze. Ahhh....

Turns out Dennis was quite alright with that approach. Thank goodness. =)

Is it summer yet?
.

9 comments:

Nanna said...

You got it Babe! Nothing like a day at the beach.

Gini said...

Great picture. I'll have to tell my sad husband to come and look at this photo - it will surely make him feel a little better.

The way you describe your perfect beach day - brings back very special memories. Thanks for the great start to today!

Unknown said...

That is my idea of a perfect beach day, as well...
Perhaps we need to take a "Mommy's Day Off" this summer!

Debbie said...

yup, that sounds like a great day at the beach. Take a walk along the water and soaking in lots of sun. I really looking forward to summer...too bad I woke up to an inch of snow!

Chris said...

Leave out the baking part and I'm there....cool pic with the flag in it

Gini said...

OMG Chris - your comment reminded me of "peeling skin"....you know what I'm talking about?????

Denise said...

That is exactly how I like to do the beach. I cannot wait for this summer.

Chris said...

yes, where is that picture gini, that would be funny as my profile pic on FB

Allison said...

Beautiful!