Friday, October 3, 2008

A perfect fall evening

I just had to share what a great evening it's been. There's a chill in the air - we're in the upper 40's right now - and it smells like fall outside. I had some "nice chops" (Dennis gets a kick out of me saying that) in the refrigerator, and still have a 1/4 bushel of apples from our apple picking this past weekend. I found this recipe at one of my favorite websites, and thought it not only used what I had on hand but sounded appropriate for the season and yummy too. And let me say, it sure was (I added some sliced onions for a little extra flavor). Definitely a keeper.

While I was making our dinner, Dennis gave Matthew his, and then proceeded to make me this....


I wish I could share how it feels, smells and sounds in here right now. Just awesome.

That's all for tonight. Gotta go knit by this beautiful fire.

5 comments:

Gini said...

Good looking recipe for sure - I'm with you and the onions. Did you get rid of the pecans?? Anyhoo. Let me stop writing. I'm going to head into the living room with a good book, and hit the switch to light our fireplace.......It's just not the same, is it??

Gini said...

You have been tagged, BTW.
http://taoofgini.blogspot.com/2008/10/tagged.html

Anonymous said...

Good job on the fire Denny. Kimberly Dad bought pork chops today so I can make the recipe.

Debbie said...

Ok, so I am not really in to the pork chops (never really have been), but I love the fire! It is suppose to get down to 18 degrees in Saranac Lake and I can guarantee that the wood stove will be cranked up! Miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Oh, yeah.
Loving the family life in New England.
I am right there with ya.