Sunday, October 19, 2008

Such a fun weekend

It's been a great weekend. Yesterday was Dennis' birthday, and after hanging out at home for a little while, we headed out for a ride to check out some foliage. We headed North, driving through Historic Deerfield, had a late lunch (or really early dinner) in Greenfield, and then made a stop at Yankee Candle on the way back South. Weird time for foliage - some of the trees are completely bare, with piles of yellow and red leaves beneath them, while others are still full of green leaves. Here are a few pics from the afternoon....



Today, we took a trip to Pell Farm for pumpkins. We had gone there last year, and knew we wanted to come back when we had Matthew. He had a fun time, watching all the kids running around. Last year, Dennis didn't want me to pet the little piglets on the farm because I was pregnant, so this year I had carte blanche!











Chris, Allison, James and Ella came with us. While Ella snoozed, James visited the animals and picked out some great pumpkins.




Chris took James on a fun little ride....check it out!


When we got home, Dennis made us some delicious hot chocolate - a perfect ending to the day.

What a great fall weekend!

6 comments:

Allison said...

It was FUN FUN FUN! I'll get that dang piglet next time! Now I have to get me some fluff for my hot chocolate!

Denise said...

Sounds like fun! I love, love the picture of Matthew with the pumpkins.

Debbie said...

Sounds like a great fall weekend. I can't get over how much older Matthew looks in those pictures!

Gini said...

Love the hat!!!!! Though it looked good on Hannah too. I found the stray sock, BTW. I will send it to you. Oh, and I found the yellow ring for the toy......

Anonymous said...

Boy does that bring back memories.

I rememberm when the kids were little. The rule was if you can carry the pumpkin you can have it.

We didn't have too many mishapps!

Unknown said...

Oh man - that is a great weekend. Love it so much.
And, please, where did you get that hat? My boy needs one!!