Saturday, April 4, 2009

Looking for a new recipe?

I tried a new recipe tonight for Eggplant Rollatini. Don't these look yummy??


Yeah....too bad they S.U.C.K.E.D.! What a friggin waste of perfectly good eggplant, ricotta, fontina and parmesan. Ab-so-lutely terrible. The recipe didn't call for salting (or pressing) the eggplant, so I should have known I was going to hate it. It was so tough and fibrous, we could barely cut it with a knife. Nevermind have Matthew try to chew it.

Right down the disposal. Buh-bye.
.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Had that happen one time with a veggie lasagna.
I should have known - it was a WW recipe.
Blech!

Allison said...

That stinks! It sure does look good (even at 7:30 in the morning!)

Debbie said...

I really does look delicious, but I guess looks can be deceiving!

Denise said...

OMG - that sucks because the dish looks (and I'm sure smelled) wonderful!! XO

Gini said...

That is so fricken funny, Kimmy! Thanks for the laugh.

Nana said...

OK,

So what were you supposed to do. First you salt it like you do when you are making pickles and then you press it. After all these years. I thought that some eggplants were just plain tuff. I should just call you. Does soaking it in mik do anything???