Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Take Me Back Tuesday

Date Taken: Sometime between November 1974 and February 1975
Place Taken: Saint Francis Hospital

I came across this picture, and thought it would make a timely TMBT, seeing as how my sister was just out for a visit (with her family, of course). I was in the hospital, recovering from a dog bite accident, and my sister was keeping me entertained with a game of Scrabble. I'm sure our words weren't too advanced back then (being only 5 and 9 years old), but we were clearly having lots of fun!


6 comments:

Gini said...

Love this picture. And I actually loved that dress way back when. I am sure you were kicking my ass at Scrabble then too. This was the start of you being a very spoiled rotten child, in which we were all jealous......oh, right. You had had an accident, after all.....we seemed to forget that when we were little.

Debbie said...

What a great picture! Sisters are the best!

Unknown said...

omg - that is so stinkin' cute... you are so cute. And to think of how scary that whole incident must have been and how sweet & little you were... aw!!!

Chris said...

how many 5 year olds play scrabble these days?

Nanna said...

Ya I hear you Gini, my sister didn't like it when I was in the hospital because I had Polio. She thought I got far to much attention.

Denise said...

ok; i have heard the story but had no idea how young you were! and i agree with Chris, who the hell was playing scrabble that young! you, two, smarties, thats who! i love it.