Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Take Me Back Tuesday

Date Taken: May 10, 1986

This picture has a permanent place in a frame on my nightstand. It was taken the afternoon of my junior prom. I was dressed and ready to go, my date waiting, and I posed for this picture with my mother before leaving home. I was SO excited about my dress (and my fabulous accessories - gloves, cameo, corsage, hair helmet!) We had shopped and shopped, and were so thrilled when we found this dress at the Holyoke Mall. It was pink with an overlay with raised tiny white polka dots, with a crinoline underneath and tons and tons of lace - so Victorian. Got itchy by the end of the night, but I loved it just the same.

Hard to believe that my mother will be gone 22 years this Thursday. My God, how those years have flown. Feels like only yesterday, and yet a lifetime ago just the same.

6 comments:

Nanna said...

This has to be my all time favorite TMBT. That picture is so awesome and so are you. I can see a lot of Hanna in this picture.

Gini said...

I can see why this is special to you Kimmy. Mommy only hugged you....just kidding. And don't knock it - your hair helmet was pretty back then. At least you went to the prom...

All sarcasm aside - I'm glad this is your TMBT. I can feel your love for this moment in your explanation.

Debbie said...

That is quite the dress my friend! You look gorgeous! I can't get over how much Gini looks like your mother. How time flies...

Unknown said...

What do you do with your mom's anniversary of death?
Is that even what you call it?
Are you supposed to do something?

Anyway - I love this picture - I love you. :)

Denise said...

Tina rocks and so do you!

Allison said...

This is such a great TMBT. I agree--you are the spitting image of Hannah in this picture.