Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Take Me Back Tuesday

I've been waiting for just the right time to post this picture. This is Dennis with his Uncle Matt (Matthew's namesake), after a fishing excursion to a beautiful little stream in Tyringham. Some of you may remember I posted about it once before. We took a ride out there again on Saturday, and this time stopped for lunch at the Monterey General Store, the very same spot where Dennis and Uncle Matt had lunch after catching all these fish. Hence, the perfect timing for this post.

This is a treasured picture, proudly displayed on our mantel. Dennis and his Uncle Matt had a very special bond. Sadly, he passed away much too young, but pictures like this help to relive the wonderful times they shared.

6 comments:

Gini said...

Apparently it is Uncle day in TMBT land.

Nice post Kimmy. I can tell this holds a special place for Dennis and it's nice that he can share that with you.

I guess we were very fortunate to have Uncle Mike as long as we did.

Unknown said...

What a beauty that husband of yours was/is. Great pic. Great memories to have and to share.

Denise said...

Love, love, love this picture. XO
PS - Love, love that my google account is working now, too!

Chris said...

Matthew is the spitting image of Dennis....

Debbie said...

This is one of my favorite pictures. I love that man and I wish I got to know him more.

Nice St. Thomas sweatshirt Dennis is sporting!

Nanna said...

Oh my GOODNESS I missed the post yesterday. You all know how I feel about this picture! And I didn't even mind all the guts in my bathtub.