Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Are you serious?

Tonight after work I headed up to West Farms (why do I say "up" to West Farms when it's south of here?) to see if I could find a gown for an upcoming gala we're attending on May 9th. Let's face it - there's really not much hope of finding anything locally. I was able to find a fancy top at Lord & Taylor to go with a black taffeta skirt I have from a previous gala. Not my fave, but it'll do.

A must these days is a pair of these...


After purchasing my top, I went over to the hosiery area and picked myself up a pair. I brought my purchase over to the closest register. It's important to note that this was the only item I was purchasing. The service associate (is that what they're called these days? I think I was called a cashier or clerk or something....) proceeded to offer me a Lord & Taylor charge, which I politely declined. She then proceeded to ask me a question which proves that they are completely on auto-pilot....she asked me if I'd be needing a gift receipt. Really, lady? Do you really think I'm buying these as a gift for somebody? Geez - who in my life would possibly want to get these as a gift from me? Happy Birthday, dear. I thought you'd enjoy a nice pair of Spanx.

Seriously....feel free to pay attention to what you're doing before you just run through your litany of questions. Man, that irks me.

5 comments:

Allison said...

I hear you. A couple of weeks ago I was purchasing something at Kohls and the cashier must have asked me 4 times if I wanted a Kohls charge. I finally had to say "NO and PLEASE DON'T ASK ME AGAIN!!!" (quite loudly).

Unknown said...

KIMMIE!
You can buy me some SPANX any day of the week and TWICE on Sunday!
Those look awesome!

(can you get rid of the word thing - I always get it wrong and then my comment takes 10 times longer as it tells me I'm an idiot, makes me log in again and gives me an even harder word to read!)

Gini said...

I think it's a SPANX thing. I told you about the time I was buying a pair and the lady asked me if I had the right size. I'm thinking "Go F&%$ yourself, b$%#@*!".

Here's the problem. People lately, just open their mouths and say shit. Sometimes I just want to say back "Tell me what you mean by that exactly". "You said it, now explain it."

Denise said...

Love Spanx, hate people.

Chris said...

I like Spanx, but I have to be in the mood...oh wait...wrong kind of spanks.