Monday, May 12, 2008

My first Mother's Day

Lemme just say - I am spoiled! For obvious reasons, Mother's Day took on new meaning for me this year. Aside from the best present ever - being a Mom in the first place - I was showered with some lovely cards and gifts. On Friday, when I picked Matthew up at school, I was given a scrapbook page with two great pictures - check it out...


Then, on Saturday afternoon, I got a delivery of beautiful flowers. Since I hadn't showered yet, I asked Dennis to answer the door when the doorbell rang, expecting it to be one of the neighborhood kids selling something. Lo and behold, it was a delivery man with an arrangement from my two favorite guys. Look how pretty.....



Yesterday morning, I found these Cape Cod earrings on my pillow.....(they match the Cape Cod bracelet I got for Christmas two years ago)....

When we made our way downstairs after snuggling with Matthew for a while, I found two cards and yet another present on the coffee table - two new charms for my Pandora bracelet - our birthstones, to go with Matthew's which Dennis bought me when he was born.



We had a nice breakfast and then headed over to Nanna and Poppy's for lunch with the Egan family. Matthew gave his Nanna a keepsake book for her to fill out for him, detailing her favorite memories from her life, including some juicy tidbits about Daddy. I got even more presents there - a beautiful spring planter and a gift certificate to my favorite spa. I can't wait to go get a massage!

We then made a trip to the cemetery to visit my Mom. How I wished she could be here to meet our precious son. It made me realize more than ever how much I need to keep our family traditions alive - those things that shaped my life and still mean so much. Here's a shot of Matthew during our visit...



It's hard to believe how quickly we've gone from this....

to this....

Thanks, everyone, for an amazing Mother's Day. Love you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, what is this, Christmas or something...??

Allison said...

I love the scrapbook pages! What a great idea!

Gini said...

Screw the jewels - that flower arrangement ROCKS!!!!!!!!! Damn, I need to open another flower shop. BTW - you're looking good, Kimmy!!

Anonymous said...

It realy was such a special day. Everyone felt it. No one wanted to leave and then one by one everyone called to make sure everyone travel home safely.
I thought all of the aunties shared nicely with Matthew.
Kimmers you are such an awsome mother and wife.
Poppy and I love you soooooooo
muchhhhhhhhhhh